information on the go

information on BRAN 39

Re: information on the go

Postby branadmin2 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 am

With all the snow I have stepped up my training for BRAN. Ate a banana and have been using really rough TP.
branadmin2

Postby lemond » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am

I even rode into snow on my biking through Cave Creek, north of Phoenix AZ. My biggest biking hazard though was biking past all the sightseers who were taking pictures of the snow covering the surrounding peaks. Will be returning to Lincoln in three weeks to substitute for a teacher having surgery. Hope some (or most) of the snow is gone by then.
lemond

Postby branadmin2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm

JUST A REMINDER IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED YET, THE ENTRY FEE GOES UP APRIL 1ST.
branadmin2

Postby lemond » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 am

Hope this flooding doesn’t affect the BRAN route. I had a season ending flat this week when I ran over a sheet rock screw and it went through the tire and rim. I had to use a screwdriver to remove it. I was able to get home, but now I need a new wheel and tire. Heading back to Lincoln this weekend; hope spring has come.
lemond

Postby branadmin2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Actually the next 10 days do not look that bad but shoulders and trails at in least in Omaha are going to be mud covered for some time. Our pothole repair will get priority. The BRAN route should be OK by the time we get there. The road department has just approved our route and will make accommodations as needed. Many creeks and rivers in eastern Nebraska are overflowing, part from ice jams breaking up and more rain. I would have settled for your tire problems instead of my flooded basement.
branadmin2

Postby branadmin2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:03 am

The city just closed part of our BRAN training route for a month. My preparation has switched to drinking weak lukewarm coffee.
branadmin2

Postby gif4445 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 am

The TABR that I am entered in has a Nebraska route option that uses some bike trail after the Bob Kerry bridge and then takes the Wabach Trace to the Iowa/Missouri line. Is that part of your training route? Just waiting to see if the Nebraska route option will be viable by June. I have my doubts. The route also goes through Columbus, Fremont and Arlington. Doesn't look good for that option.
gif4445

Postby branadmin2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:41 pm

The Bob Kerry bridge has been closed because of flooding on the CB side. Have not heard if it has reopened. Our route people are cheking on the route and will make changes is necessary. Hope none are needed because we really like it.
branadmin2

Postby branadmin2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:23 am

Got three family bikes ready for BRAN. Mine was done months ago. The rules, mechanical work done, all needed lubrication, wheels trued if needed, parts including tires replaced, entire bike checked over and work done to keep bike safe, not done, bike cleanup, and charge for repairs and minor parts which are found in bike stuff. The owner is asked to pay for expensive things. This year only two new tires were needed. All those trying to pay for repairs are put on probation. You must remember I am a professional wrench albeit many years ago. Bikes must be brought over during non riding time, which will soon be here. Wishing hard. Along with the weather many of my trails are closed. As GA said HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU.
branadmin2

Postby branadmin2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:40 am

TWO DAYS LEFT FOR EARLY REGISTRATION PRICES. Twenty hours for you to figure out the false statement made on my last post. Yeah you got it right I am bored. Hoping first outdoor ride will be Monday.
branadmin2

Postby branadmin2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:28 am

Happy Trails To You was the signature song of Roy Roger's and Dale Evans.
branadmin2

Postby branadmin2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:26 am

Well now that I have 11 miles outdoor my training has picked up. Getting up at four and being ready to ride at sunrise. Then go back to bed again. Well what did you expect. Am pacing myself.
branadmin2

Postby lemond » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Rode Sunday morning; was cold but no wind. Rode Tuesday afternoon and conditions were great. Trying to decide which sleeping bag to take. The one that is good to 20 degrees may be necessary this year. Have had to sleep with layers in the 40 degree bag and the nights are long while the sleeping is short. All of my rides this spring have been 45 miles or less. I hope we have a weekend or two soon with the right weather for a century so I can be better prepared.
lemond

Postby branadmin2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:21 pm

Hoping to be able to get 100 miles outside before BRAN. Am bringing my usual 35 degree sleeping bag. I have been known to dress In layers when sleeping. All the warm casual day wear along with all my riding rain gear wool hat and gloves. Oh yeah and two pairs of socks. Since we will all be ready for cold it will probably be unusually hot. In 31 years granny and I have ridden in 27 wind chill and snow to over 100 degrees. BRAN it is for w everyone. Getting more excited as time goes on. We now have 2 more riders at this time than all of last year. Going with another couple to Fremont tomorrow to make final arrangements.
branadmin2

Postby lemond » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:14 pm

You and all the rest of the volunteers do a great job planning and organizing BRAN every year. Thanks for all you do. With all the moisture that keeps coming; the Sand Hills will be a beautiful green. Though it has been a tough spring for calving; I can’t wait to see all the young calves frolicking in the sun along the highway. I too am getting anxious to begin the tour.
lemond

PreviousNext

Return to 39 updates