Who is doing the CowboyTrail and how far?

A new beginning

Who is doing the CowboyTrail and how far?

Postby Recumbent Ron » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Who is planning to do the Cowboy Trail and how far? I ride a recumbent trike with Sturmey Archer Plus (Flatless) tires, so I am considering doing as much trail as possible if BRAN is providing rider support on the trails. Anyone else interested in the trail? If you do a Youtube search for it, you will see some absolutely beautiful vistas, a remarkable change from the roads we typically ride on.
Recumbent Ron
Bent out of shape rider
My biking blog: www.recumbentron.com
Recumbent Ron

Re: Who is doing the CowboyTrail and how far?

Postby branadmin2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:22 am

One of the BRAN committee is going to ride much of the trail and will give a full report as soon as possible. The BRAN book will have all information to include the condition and what support will be available. Several riders have expressed interest in riding the long high bridge .
branadmin2

Postby bjanzen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 pm

So will the highway or trail be an option, and for what sections? Or is the plan that everyone does one or the other? I've only observed the trail between Battle Creek and Norfolk, and that's fairly close to the highway. And the bridge videos look pretty awesome... the railing is higher than the Niobrara, NE bridge over the Missouri, which kept my attention :D.
bjanzen

Postby branadmin2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 pm

BRAN as always will be on paved roads. Since some of the route is next to the Cowboy Trail some riders might wish to ride on it. They can ride on it as they wish. My knowledge of the trail is very limited. I have been told that much of it is not ridable even on a mountain bike. There are however some riders that will use it anyway. As time goes on the Cowboy trail will be rated as to where and when we will be able to support the riders. I will publish this information as it becomes available. This subject will be printed in the rider guide. Several riders have expressed a desire to ride that high bridge. I will not be one although several years ago would be all in. As usual the entire route will be reviewed with the Nebraska roads department before making it final. Keep watching the Forum for updates.
branadmin2

Return to BRAN 39